Monday, January 23, 2006

New Year's Resolutions

My New Year's Resolution was to try and finish up UFO's (UnFinished Objects) in my sewing room. Hopefully this will accomplish two things: I will clean out my sewing room and I won't be buying more yarn and fabric for new projects.........theoretically! I'll keep 'ya posted.

Meanwhile here are pics of some projects I recently completed. The first is a Women of France Shawl. Even though it's not really "period correct" I made it for Civil War reenacting. It's rather unique in that you make a really full circle and then fold it in half to drape over your shoulders. Thus it has two layers and is really warm.

The other is a purse, wallet, makeup bag and coin purse I made from a Fons & Porter booklet I received free for trying their quilting magazine. I used prequilted fabric and it was super easy. I love the fabric. I think it's still available at Home-Sew.com.

No comments: